We Owe You Nothing!!!

I happen to be a member of a popular Facebook group with over 35,000+ members. At one certain period, some girls, also members of the group, were in some kind of quarrel of which I had no idea how it started. They posted series of “hate” posts concerning their breast, more like whose was bigger, finer and stands firm. Of course it generated a lot of attention, including those for and against the scandal, aggravating a lot more females to join in the exhibition of their breast. However, I came across a post written by someone who took to share his opinion about the whole issue on Facebook. I found his post rather offensive, he inspired the writing of this article. In his post, he challenged the girls in the group to show the male counterpart our worth aside being blessed with assets body wise because most girls have nothing to offer asides that. I picked an offence, not because I was in support or against the breast exhibition, neither was it because I didn’t want girls to show their worth nor was it because of the polite insult. But because he was asking girls to prove their worth. 
You’re probably wondering by now why that is a problem. It’s become a norm, men demands we females to prove our worth to them continuously, why? To validate how many yards a wife material we are.

 They’re always asking us to prove our worth, to show what we got to offer, what we can bring to a relationship aside sex, what they’re going to get from us, in other for us to be validated “wife-material 100yards” including the men that can’t afford to put a ring on it. Making statements like, men don’t get married to girls that do this and that. They fail to realize, we women also have a choice, we decide who we’ll get married to, and they also fail to acknowledge the fact that there are men that die single. We owe you nothing, if you’re not ready to put the ring on the finger then don’t come up to our face asking for proof of “wifey” material.


 If you want to see our worth, you must be ready to show yours as well. What makes you think you’re even a husband preference? What makes you think I would want to accept you for marriage? Marriage is not a one way street, what have you got to offer as well? I’ve seen a lot men feel that once they have the wealth, they can’t be rejected. That’s funny, because that’s the only thing most of them they can offer. I mean, if you’re unable to bring about or contribute to my growth, physically, mentally, spiritually and financially then you’re just a leech posing as potential husband.


You shouldn’t lay out standards for me, or give me a line of preference. What am I talking about? Let me use a university for example where girls are forced to strictly wear skirts below their knees, no make-up, long/short sleeve shirts etc. Reasons given that most men get married to girls that are seen in those type of clothing. First of all, what makes you think I’m interested in a man who wouldn’t let me show a little flesh? What makes you think I’m interested in a man who can’t comfortably let me dress just how I want to? Meanwhile, there isn’t any code of dressing for men that impresses/doesn’t impress women. They’re free to do whatever it is they please, at the end of the day, they will still get married right? It’s not always about you men, I should be able to do whatever I want and not be reminded that men will or will not get married to me if I do something like that. Get your priorities and limit set, but not for someone else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things more important than money

How Failure Led To My Self Discovery